Thursday, September 10, 2015

Let the Adventure Begin...

Wow!  I just can't believe it...  I have a new family!  While that is not really "news", it is so strange.  You see, I get new families but never on such a warm day.  It is usually cold and snowy and I am usually wrapped up in some fancy paper.  But not this time -- NO!  This time was walked over in the bright light of day, a warm day at that and set on a dirty picnic table.  I am not sure what exactly is happening here.  There was no talk of me being a "white elephant".  No sparkling tree with twinkling lights this time.  Just me and that table with these 5 new faces starting at me.  Over the years, I have been passed around 5 families in a ritual around the tree.  I was always met with laughter.  That is true of this time as well.  The big female (my new mom) was laughing at my presence on the table! But, I sense that those years with the other families are over now...

My new mom seems crazy... upon my arrival at the table she started discussing with Dad what they could do with me.  Some of her ideas made my head spin.  This lady is NUTS!  She seems to be some teacher and does something called "homeschooling" -- I am sure I don't want to know what that is!  She thought I would make a good project for "school".  She thought I could become a game of sorts -- imagine that cruelty!  She thought it could be fun to just drop me off at some unsuspecting camper's table and ask them to pass me on and send an e-mail to her.  She thought the kids could chart my travels and see if they could get me to travel all 50 states.  Fortunately for me, she thought that I might get hurt in the process or that they people selected might not participate properly.  Boy was that CLOSE!   It sounds like she wants to do something like that still but that they might choose something far less valuable for that experiment.  My life has been spared... at least I think it has...

They talked a bit about how much fun it would be for Dad to take me to work and sit me on his desk.  I am not sure what good that would do -- I can't type!  But my siblings thought this was a HILARIOUS idea!  Thankfully my mom rescued me from that fate as well.  Although the fate they chose for me does not seem like it is really any better...

You see, apparently I am the family's new camping "mascot".  And this crazy new mom is forcing me to BLOG the family's adventures on their trips.  Something about sharing the family adventures... recording our travels, blah, blah, blah.  In other words, she is adding me to her "students" and given me homework -- I guess I know what homeschooling is now!  She has assured me that I only have to do it during camping season, but I don't believe her.  I get the sense this family does things all year that are fun adventures and they will make me write about them!

I have already been several places this year with my previous family.  Places like these state parks: Findley, Punderson, Guilliford and Westbranch.  This weekend was my second trip this year to Mohican State Park (which is BEAUTIFUL I might add).  So let's start with that -- my second trip to Mohican State Park -- my first with my new family -- Labor Day weekend 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment